Thursday, July 17, 2008

Break Up Songs

There's 2 things I associate with my ex-girlfriends which I'll never forget.

1. Their smell...

2. The break up song.....

You know whenever you smell your ex's smell it'll pop right out at you. That's usually a good association or memory. The break up song...... maybe not!

So, here is the list of break up songs from my last four long term girlfriends.

Nadia: "This Love" by Maroon 5
Wasn't even with her for that long, but it really hit me hard for some reason. Plus it was on and off a couple times. So the line "this love has taken it's toll on me" really made me feel better.

Sasha: "Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down
We didn't really break up. We had to becasue after 9 months she moved to Spain for school. So the reason for this song is pretty obvious.

Kassandra: "Lips of an Angel" by Hinder
I started dating my next girlfriend shortly after i broke up with Kassandra. Was with her for around 2 and a half years. Anyway, while I was with my new gf I was still pretty hung up for a while, so if you know the song, you know why it fits.

Sarah: "For The Nights I Can't Remember" by Hedley
We lasted about a year and a half. The whole thing was pretty rocky but was the first gf I lived with. The 6 months we lived together were horrible, and for some odd reason, it still kinda stings 8 months after we broke up..... weird! So the line "If fallin' for you girl is crazy, then I'm going out of my mind" kinda hit home for me.

So there you have it.... What are your break up songs?!!!

Update: July 18, 2:40pm

Found some stuff out..... it doesn't sting anymore! lol

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tripp....it's your #1 fan, Erin Wilde.....
Best Breakup Track???

John Waite "Missing You"

Released after my first boyfriend dumped me. Oh how I loved him! LOL! I never thought I'd love another jerk again....but I did. :)

Anonymous said...

you are pathetic.
signed
freeway frank

SALisa said...

Seether - Broken (self explanators :S)

Anonymous said...

that stupid
"Keep Bleeding"
song that is on every 7 minutes.
off and on's are the absolute worst.

Anonymous said...

If I never see your face again by maroon 5 ft Rihanna

Came out right after my boyfriend of 8 months, and best friend of 2 years broke up with me.
"keep me coming back for more" and the "i can make you sway" is so true